1. Biology of Aging
- Cell Transplantation and Aging
- Understanding and Extending the Lifespan
- Caloric Restriction Significantly Extends Lifespan
- Genetic Basis of Aging, Longevity, and Disease
2. Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds
- What are Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds?
- Regulation of Functioanal Foods
- What’s Next for Functional Foods?
- Functional Food Product Development: Form, Function, Appeal, and Affordability
3. Functional Ingrediends/bioactive compounds and Healthy Aging
- The Relationship Between Aging and Disease
- Aging Biomarkers
- Is Aging Preventable?
- Antioxidants and Healthy Aging
- Dietary Fibers and Healthy Aging
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Healthy Aging
- Prebiotics and Probiotics and Healthy Aging
- Plant Sterols and Healthy Aging
4. Diet, Nutrition and Older Adults
- Current Diets of Older Adults
- Bioavailability of Functional Foods in Older Adults
- Drug-Nutrient Interactions in Older Adults
- Recommended Daily Intakes for Older Adults
- Macronutrients for Older Adults
5. Changes in Organ Systems Over the Lifespan
- Age-Associated Changes in the Cardiovascular System
- The Role of Nutrition on Cardiovascular Health and Disease in Aging
- Skeletal and Muscular Changes in Aging
- Age-Associated Changes in Taste and Smell Function
6. Chronic Diseases and Aging
- Prevalence of Chronic Diseases as People Age
- Are Chronic Diseases Associated with Aging Preventable?
- Cancer and Aging
- Cardiovascular Disease and Aging
- Obesity and Aging
- Diabetes and Aging: Overweight and Obesity in Older Persons: Impact on Health and Mortality Outcomes
7. Mental Disorders and Aging
- Prevalence of Mental Disorders in Older Adults
- Dementia and Functional Foods
- Schizophrenia and Functional Foods
- Bipolar Disorder and Functional Foods
8. The Role of Functional Foods in Aging Demographic
- Current Look and Future Predictions for Aging Demographic in the US and other Countries
- Aging and Increased Disease Risk
- Aging and Increased Health Care Expenditure
- Potential for Functional Foods to Contribute to Healthy Aging
9. Gender Differences in Aging
- Physiological Differences
- Emotional and Psychological Differences
- Differences in the Prevalence of Chronic Diseases
- Nutritional Differences
10. Future Issues
- The Importance of Protein in Older Adults’ Diets
- Effects of Caloric Restriction on Longevity
- The Prevention of Sarcopenia in Older Adults
- Potential of Adult Stem Cells and Cell Replacement in Aging
11. Prebiotics and Probiotics and Healthy Aging
12. FFC's Anti-Aging Strategies: Clinical Studies on longevity
- Aging as a Pathology: Disease or Not a Disease?
- Senescent cells: Promising Anti-aging Targets for Health Span Extension
- Development of Clinical Trials to Extend Healthy Lifespan
- Targeting Aging with Functional Food Products
13. Research and Development of New Functional Food Products for Healthy Aging
- Are antioxidants like vitamin C, beta carotene, omega 3 or vitamin E the key to happy golden years?
- Everyone wants to live long but noone wants to grow old.
- Can testosterone and estrogen keep people young?
- Can Functional Food Science solve this conundrum?